Countries of North America, basic facts about each country, national flags and maps.
Flags of countries in North-America
Countries in North-America
Extracted from North America image galleries
- Estimates on how many people lived in North America in pre-Columbian era are ranging from two million to up to twenty million.
- Christopher Columbus is the first European to discover the Americas in 1492 (but thinking he got to Asia). Recently evidence surfaced that Vikings have landed in North America hundreds of years before Columbus.
- Population of North America (Canada, Mexico and USA) is at around 488 million people (approximate number for 2018).
- Longest river in North America is the Mackenzie river (Canada); 4,240 km or 2,635 miles long.
- Highest Mountain in North America is McKinley (Alaska, USA); 6,194 meters or 20,322 feet.
- Herds of buffalo (bison) roamed North America until 18 and 19 century. Estimates range from 30 to 75 million. By the end of 19 century there was less than 500 buffalos left.
North America on Video…
In The Neighborhood
Discover Central America…
Across The Ocean