National flags and basic facts about countries, territories and the continents.
- Africa (54)
- Asia (33)
- Australia and Oceania (14)
- Caribbean (23)
- Central America (7)
- Europe (49)
- Middle East (14)
- North America (3)
- South America (12)
Extracted from the Image Galleries
Great distances & borders
Since a dawn of civilization, we, the people, are creating divisions, drawing borders and lines in the sand to control each other but also to protect ourselves, mainly from one another.
With time, all those borders resulted in some obvious and some at first less noticeable differences, even among the people who had lived or live in close proximity to each other. Imposing on others own views, or defending them from invaders added more lines in the sand.
At the same time, our planet is following its own trajectory of continuous evolution, in some cases influenced by us, humans, therefore it’s additionally influencing rich mixture of diverse and complex life.
-data updates on Discover countries pages
- 2018/2019 increased the size of the flags on regional pages and on individual country pages. Updated the basic information about each country.
- occasional updates throughout the years; reflecting changes in the names of countries and/or their flag changes.
- 2009 moved website from flash based pages to html based. Started extracting data and exporting flags from .swf files to .jpg, thumbnails.
- occasional updates throughout; new countries and/or flag changes.
- 1999/2000 published the flags and the basic information about each country.
Despite of trying to keep the data 100% accurate at the time when this pages are updated, errors may have been made. Let us know if you notice any errors and please read Terms. More time goes by after an update, more data may not be as accurate due to population growth, due to population decline in some countries or regions, due to political changes and wars – colonial or other, or due to environmental issues and economic reasons, but not limited only to those.