Discover countries of Asia divided into two geographical groups, North and West Asia and Southeast Asia. View basic facts about Asian countries; capital cites, population, religions, languages, industry and national flags.
Discover countries of Asia
- Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea North, Korea South, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- Asia and Europe are geologically the single continent often called Eurasia.
- Asia is world’s largest continent with around 65% of world’s population. China and India are two countries with population over 1 billion people.
- In Asia is located world’s highest mountain. Mont Everest (Nepal) is the world’s highest mountain with measurements showing height as much as 8,850 meters or 29,035 ft. They say, the highest mountain in the Solar System presently know to human is on the planet Mars – Mountain Olympus Mons is approximately 27 km or 88,582 feet high.