This tasty leek soup is another quick and very simple recipe to prepare. Basic soup recipe presented here requires only a few ingredients and seasonings.
Ingredients (4-8 people):
- 1 large leek
- 1-2 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- 3-4 L of water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- dash of salt and paper
- OPTIONAL – 1 tablespoon of flour
- Slice the leek lengthwise in half and then cut on 1,5cm (1/2″) or smaller slices. Wash it well!
- Melt butter and add sliced leek. Keep it on a medium heat for around 4-6 minutes, or until most of the liquid evaporates, steering occasionally.
- Add vegetable bouillon cube.
- Add sliced potato and seasonings.
- Cover and boil around 30 minutes over a low to medium heat.
OPTIONAL! For gluten free soup skip this part!
- Add to a separate cup 150mL (1/2 cup) of warm water. Mix in 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Add it to the leak soup at the end, let it start boiling again while mixing for a few minutes. This makes the soup ticker.
If you have a kid or two who “does not like eating vegetables”, just blend the leek soup well until it becomes “I like green soup“. Small pieces of a toast in the soup will absorb it and will make it easy for little ones too scoop it out.