There are many different kinds of bread recipes, from simple ones as one featured here till those that could easily fit in to desert category. My family white bread recipe is easy to prepare but requires repeated work on dough.
- 900g or 2lbs of white flour
- 6g of instant yeast
- 1 tea-spoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 500-750mL (2-3 cups) of WARM water
- 1-2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix together flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
- Mix in optional ingredients.
- Start to add warm water (slowly) and simultaneously stir with wooden spoon till it becomes to hard to mix. Place a bit of flour onto the counter and knead dough for 10 minutes, or till smooth (if sticky during the kneading keep dusting it with the flour).
- Place dough into a bowl, cover it and let it sit in a warm place for 45-60 minutes.
- Then, take the raised dough out and knead it for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough on half and shape it in to two loaves.
- Place two loaves on baking pan or in to two separate loaf pans.
- Optional – brush the tops of the loaves with olive oil.
- Cover it again and leave it in the warm place to raise another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius (370 Fahrenheit) and bake for around 45-55 minutes – CHECK first time often so it does not burn.
- Once done, wait a few minutes and then take the bread loaves out of pan and let it cool around 10-15 minutes.