A little gift for you on Christmas day!
It’s the list of translations of how to say Merry Christmas in some other languages.
From time to time list comes handy in increasingly multicultural and interconnected world we live in. We hope that this list will come handy when you want to say to your friends Merry Christmas on their native language, or mother tongue other than English.
Throughout the years we have collected, with a little help from our friends, through your submissions or by translating, how to say the phrase Merry Christmas on, at the moment, thirty languages.
Merry Christmas on thirty different languages:
- Afrikaans: Geseënde Kersfees!
- Albanian: Gezur Krislinjden!
- Armenian: Shenoraavot Nor Dari!
- Bulgarian: Vasel Koleda!
- Croatian: Sretan Božić!
- Czech: Veselé Vánoce!
- Danish: Glaedelig Jul!
- Dutch: Vrolijk Kerstfeest!
- English: Merry Christmas!
- Estonian: Rõõmusaid jõulupühi!
- Finnish: Hyvää Joulua!
- French: Joyeux Noël!
- German: Fröhliche Weihnachten!
- Greek: Kala Hristouyienna!
- Hungarian: Kellemes Karácsonyt!
- Icelandic: Gleđileg Jól!
- Irish: Nollaig Shona Duit!
- Italian: Buon Natale!
- Latvian: Prieci’gus Ziemsve’tkus!
- Norwegian: God Jul!
- Polish: Wesołych Świąt!
- Portuguese: Feliz Natal!
- Spanish: Feliz Navidad!
- Swedish: God Jul!
- Romanian: Craciun fericit!
- Russian: Rozdjestvom Hristovim!
- Slovak: Vesele Vianoce!
- Slovenian: Srečen Božić!
- Serbian: Hristos se rodi!
- Turkish: Mutlu Noeller!
Christmas is Christian holiday celebrated every year on the 25th of December. On Christmas day is celebrated birth of Jesus, Son of God…
* Photo archive: Saint Joseph’s Oratory (photos)…