Location: North America (discover)
Languages: English and French
Religion: Roman Catholic, Protestant and other religions
Industries: aero-space, car manufacturing, chemical, food, oil, lumber and wood processing, machinery.
Agriculture products: dairy products, livestock, seafood, wheat.
Images featuring Canada
- On July 1st 1867, the provinces we now know as Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia joined together in Confederation to create the new country of Canada.
- Canada has ten provinces and three territories.
Ten provinces (on the maps) are; Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Québec, Prince Edward Island, and the Saskatchewan.
Three territories (on the maps) are; Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and the Yukon.
- Canada is the world’s second largest country.
- Highest Mountain in Canada is Mount Logan; 5,959 meters (Saint Elias Mountains range, Yukon territory).
- Longest river in North America is the Mackenzie river (Canada) 4,240 km or 2,635 miles long.
Images featuring North America…